I live by one mantra in particular that has seen me through many stressful moments: “I have my health, therefore I have everything.”
A mantra can lift us up.
When the rest of the world seems to press against us, a mantra can be that saving grace that helps us get back up on our feet.
What makes a mantra powerful?
A mantra should be short, poignant, and click with your heart.
Just for kicks, I tossed out a tweet and post on my Facebook Fan Page asking others if they used a mantra to help them dig deeper and get them through their tough moments. I wanted to share some of these inspiring ones.
Borrow a mantra from this list:
- “Clear your mind, center your soul.”
- “Nothing is happening TO you. Things are just happening.”
- “Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.” Basil King
- “I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, happy, healthy, wealthy, and so thankful for all gifts my life.”
- “I am not afraid of tomorrow, because I have seen yesterday and I LOVE today!”
- “You will never get what you want as long as you’re jealous of what other people have.”
- “If you cannot believe in yourself … you cannot believe in anything.”
- “Forward momentum – something is better than nothing.”
- “Even if you cut off my arms, I will still create art.”
Sometimes I think the characters in my novels could use some of these mantras to get them out of their many conflicting positions. (ha) One in particular who comes to mind is Becca in Tangerine Twist for those moments when she went a little off the deep end due to her sudden dive into fame. She could’ve used the “Clear your mind, center your soul” one for sure!
Do you use a mantra to get you through those tough moments? Feel free to share. Let’s inspire each other!